Although I feel this way, I can't help but listen to all the comments from people when they hear I'm turning the big 3 0. “It's all downhill from this point. Can’t drink as heavy as you use to. Your body is going to start breaking down now.” I don’t really believe any of this but it got me thinking of things maybe I should stop doing. Things that were fine when I was a "youngster" but not so much now. So to commemorate the dying hours of my twenties, I tried to fit in all the things I could think of that someone in their thirties wouldn't or shouldn't do. Also I wanted to prep myself for the years to come. So here they are. In my final hours....
- I wore this shirt for the last time.
- I stared at the unframed posters on my wall before taking them down and replacing them with mature paintings of nature scenes and decorative tapestries.
- For dinner I had Cookies n' Cream Ice Cream with Oreos that I mashed up and put on top. Then washed it down with some chocolate milk....straight from the carton. Boom.
- Then I played air guitar and jumped up and down on my couch while blasting all my favorite early to mid 2000 screamo/emo/punk bands. I then deleted them all from my iPod forever and downloaded the latest from Dave Matthews and Maroon 5.
- I gave my Ultimate Warrior Wrestling Buddy one last flying elbow drop before I replaced his spot on the mantle with an expensive vase from Pier 1 Imports.
- I finally learned what a hedge fund is.
- And lastly, I got in one more laugh at the scene when Ace Ventura realizes Einhorn is Finkle and Finkle is Einhorn.